Rebecca Wallick of Wild Sensibility has kindly nominated Lawyers Road Review for the Liebster Award. I appreciate the nod! One delightful discovery, upon beginning to blog on the WordPress platform a few years ago now, is the diverse, welcoming and supportive blogging community here.
I admit, though, upon receiving Rebecca’s email notice, I relied on her work as a recovering attorney researching the background on the Leibster Award which showed the following, courtesy of, wait for it:
The Global Aussie blog:
The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
The award is a way to be discovered but also to connect and support the blogging community. A great idea in promoting your own blog and others. Originally it was given out to blogs with less than 2000 readers but this has slowly lowed as the reward has gained popularity. It is now only 200 readers or less. It’s really an arbitrary number. If you like helping other blogs out go ahead and do it regardless of its size.
I assure you, I have 200 readers or less.
The rules of the Liebster Award are (loosely):
- Acknowledge the blog which nominated you.
- Answer the questions your nominator asked.
- Nominate two to six other bloggers who might appreciate the boost.
- Ask them several unique questions.
- Let them know you have nominated them.
Here are Rebecca’s questions to this still practicing lawyer, so forgive the abrupt answers:
- What typically is the closest object on your right when you’re writing (not including a computer mouse)? Whiskey
- What one-sentence bit of advice would you give to your 13-year-old self? Do not go to law school, go to sea.
- Describe your ideal writing space and place (assuming money isn’t an issue). Beach.
- What is your most frequent photographic subject? Boats.
- Favorite quote? We shall fight on the beaches… Winston Churchill
- What does blogging (writing, and reading) add to your life? Color, in an otherwise dreary landscape of greys they call the justice system.
- If you could choose to be any animal for a 24-hour period, which would you be and why? Coyote, live anywhere, off anything, and don’t give a damn.
- Do you have other creative outlets besides writing? Photography.
And now, Lawyers Road Review nominates the following blogs for the Liebster Award.
So here are my questions:
Who pushed you into doing this blogging business anyway?
Have you ever contemplated doing this full time, and why haven’t you?
How far is it to Seattle from where you are now?
How many times have you considered changing careers?
How many times have you ever actually changed careers?
Have you ever gone anywhere, requiring an overnight stay, without a plan at all, and I mean, no plan at all other than turning the key in the car and leaving?
So here is to you, my cohorts in this space! I look forward to your answers, that is if you have not set sail for better waters.